January 27, 2010

Day 26 (realization)

So after much deliberation, and conversing with some friends. I almost quit. For 2 days I ate whatever I wanted because I was tired of meat, cheese, and low carb tortillas. I’ve gained just shy of 4 pounds. It was totally worth it. I craved a crispy chicken toaster sammich from Sonic for weeks. I indulged. I savored. I now kind of regret it. It was good, but only for the 5 minutes it took me to eat it. I also discovered the bestest midnight snack food. Waffles with recces pieces and maple syrup. YUUUUMMMMYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very delish.

But after talking with my therapists, aka Ty and Mike, I’m back on. As Mike put it, “Every time I see you I will call you a quitter. I’ll create a damn profile on your blog thing just to call you a quitter.” Ty said, “What about your 4 readers?” To which I replied, “I have 7.”

I don’t know. I think I just need to make healthier choices in my life. For years, especially when I was tattooing, it was just easier to get fast food then make it yourself. My daily intake would usually include eating at a restaurant by the shop for breakfast, McDonalds for lunch, 2 double cheese burgers with Mac sauce, large fry and Power aid to drink. I would usually grab McDonalds on my way home from work, and then we would go to the bar and I would eat bar food. I know a lot of crappy food. That’s part of the reason I went from a size 12 to a size 22 at my largest. I am currently a 16-18 depending on the piece of clothing. I’ve purged my pantry and cabinets of the crap I used to eat. I’ve been eating a lot of salads and making better choices. With the exception of Sonic I’ve been making my own food (or mooching off my In-laws since they are doing Atkins as well).

I need to make a full blown lifestyle change. Get up early instead of sleeping in, make an effort to exercise more, and just flat out quit being lazy. I wish it wasn’t so damn cold and windy so I could walk to the park with Missy and she can play and we can walk. But, when its 34 degrees outside with 25-40 mph winds, its just not going to happen.

I’m not giving up. Just keep swimming just keep swimming, Size 12 here I come!!!!
Stina

No comments: