January 20, 2012

The Verdict

Well, this morning was D-Day.  I went to see the orthopedist.  He told me some things I already knew, and some things I didn't. 

After taking X-rays & range of motion test, he found:

A.)  There are no floating pieces of bone in either joint.  Any "floaters" I'm feeling are most likely pieces of cartilage.

B.)  The Pieces of Bone that were transplanted (one piece in each knee) have not backed out. Which is a relief.

C.)  I have severe medial arthritis, (medial is the inside part of the knee).

D.)  I need a Compartmental Knee Replacement in both knees.  The good news about this is that they can do both at once.  The bad news is that they don't do them here.  I'd have to go to Denver to have it done. (Compartmental knee replacement means only a section of the knee is replaced, not the entire joint.  Which is a good thing, all things considered.)

E.)  The only thing that could be done here is a cortisone shot.

Soooooo...... He gave me a prescription for an anti-inflammatory, and a re feral to Rehab to be evaluated for disability.

So I'm hoping this works out, because if I can get them replaced I might be able to actually go do stuff, or play tag with Missy.  *crosses fingers*

He did say yoga wouldn't hurt as long as my knees aren't compromised.  Stretching is good.  Grinding and Pain are bad.  lol

So let's see what tomorrow brings.  11am its Joe time!

No comments: