March 27, 2012

Elation

So.... I have some excellent news to share with everyone!  I got approved for disability!! 

I have oh so many things I want to express about this, but don't know where to start.  So please ignore the spelling mistakes, the grammar mistakes, and curse words in the following:

   So for the past 7-9 years I have felt pretty fucking hopeless about my situation.  I need both of my knees replaced.  But, because of our governments bureaucratic bullshit, no "Private" health insurance would cover me.  It's pretty damn depressing to know that you will have this problem for the rest of your life and not be able to do a damn thing about it. 
 
   So I applied for disability, expecting to be denied; and to very much surprise today, they approved me!

   It fills my heart with so much joy to know that in several years I might be able to play tag with my daughter at the park.  Play hide and go seek, and not have to hide behind a tree because I can't bend down on my knees and hide under something.   To pick her up and carry her around.  <3

  To RUN.  I haven't run since I was 15 in high school.  I would be so terribly happy to go for a jog. Although I believe they the "J" is silent, so I think it's pronounced Yog.  I would love to go Yogging.  (I hope someone gets the reference. lol)

   Just to think that I could possibly stand without pain.  Go up or down a flight of stairs without the grinding and popping.

  Just being able to see the light at the end of the tunnel is so uplifting.  Even though it would be years away.  I know that I'll have to go through a lot, before I can even have the surgery.  But knowing the end result, I can not fail!

Thank you, everyone for their encouragement, support, and prayers.  I'm know it's helped! 

No comments: