December 07, 2011

Oil can...

I woke up this morning, and couldn't bring myself to get out of bed.... not because I didn't want to. I physically couldn't move. I felt like the tin man from the Wizard of Oz squeaking out, "Oil can." I don't think I've been so stiff in my life. As I lay there, I began to think about the fact that I was actually pretty excited about going back today. This totally caught me by surprise.

I started to think about the fact that laying here and using the soreness as an excuse not to go, is what got me to a BMI of 35.3. Now, I've got to get up. I'm doing this because I don't want to be fat anymore. So I've got to suck it up and get out of bed.

Mike told me that the first thing you need to do when you get up is EAT. Don't wait a half hour, or hour, or get dressed first. It helps get your metabolism going. If you don't eat when you first get up, your body starts burning your fat and tissue. BUT, when you don't eat, you body thinks that you aren't going to get any food for a while, so it stores what you do eat later as Fat. He also said if you're going to eat carbs, eat them in the first part of the day, so you have time to use them up during the day.
So I grab a bowl of Kashi Vanilla Island, my vitamins and hit the road. I like Kashi, because they use whole grains, it's high in fiber, and it’s organic. Plus it tastes really yummy. I also like to make Steel Cut oatmeal, and splenda brown sugar, and Raisins. Man, talking about this makes me want to have breakfast again.

Also, I feel it's important to let you know I have knee problems.  I have a medical condition where my bone and cartilage die in my knee joints. I want to write about this process, to show people who might have medical problems, that they can do this too. You just might have to go about it a different way. I can't do a lot of things as far as cardio is concerned. But I can work on the recumbent bike.

So that is what I did today. It was pretty uneventful. Although the three flights of stairs to get to the locker room is getting a little annoying. Just when you think you're done, you realize you have to walk your spaghetti legs up those G.D. stairs.

I won't be going tomorrow; I have to make Bacon Jam for the Farmers Market on Saturday. But I will go on Friday. Until we meet again!

3 comments:

laurie said...

Stuns thank you for sharing again. Yes the day after a first work out SUCKS. I have u had these knee problem ur whole life or are the something new? Keep up the Great job you're doing and you'll feel better in no time. I like how I feel when I exercise! I think you've just inspired me to get my ass out there and start walking my boy again

laurie said...

Stuns thank you for sharing again. Yes the day after a first work out SUCKS. I have u had these knee problem ur whole life or are the something new? Keep up the Great job you're doing and you'll feel better in no time. I like how I feel when I exercise! I think you've just inspired me to get my ass out there and start walking my boy again

ta2ed_diamond said...

I had 10 surgeries from 15-19, I pretty much need both knees replaced.