December 06, 2011

35.3

So I've had a bunch of people tell me that I'm not fat, which is I greatly appreciate. But the simple facts are, that I am 27, 5'11 and weigh 253 pounds. What is my Ideal weight?? Between 136-178, for my age and height. So, I appreciate people trying to make me feel better about my size (which is 20 by the way). But the Gods honest truth is that I am Obese.

My BMI (Body mass index) is 35.3.

Underweight = <18.5
Normal weight = 18.5–24.9
Overweight = 25–29.9
Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater

  I'm not saying I want to be a twig, I just want to be healthy, (and a size 12 to boot).  I want set a better example for Missy. 

While I want to think that I'm "fine," I am not healthy. It's the truth, I eat way too much fast food, drive thru or processed. I don't prepare my own "healthy" meals very often, and when I do it's usually loaded with cheese, starch, or sugar.  I also do not exercise, except from today on.  I need to be honest about this, and own up to it.  It's the only way I feel like I can move on to improve. 

Not going to lie though, I love my pastas, breads and anything sweet. *cue the Homer Simpson drool noise*  I'm not saying I'm not going to consume those things, I'm going to try to find healthier alternatives. When I find something good and healthy, I'll share. 

Although the occasional homemade cookie, or Cinnamon roll might find it's way onto my plate from time to time.  It just means I have to work out extra hard that day to burn it off.

I love and appreciate all of the support and encouragement that I've been given by friends, family, and total strangers. THANK YOU!!!  Bring on to day 2!  HOORAW!!!

No comments: